Thursday, May 21, 2009

Keep your Passion alive!!!



What’s your passion?.. someone asked me the other day…

Ofcourse as I always maintain… I said I have a zeal for art …. But at the back of my mind..i heard a voice saying singing… dance...mmm…guitar, swimming (all that I had learnt…. Incomplete!)….Has all this learning become partial juz because I haven’t chosen a career in them?? Or is that I did not have time….Not al all...i just think I was not enough passionate about them…..

Choosing a career in tune with passion does not happen for everyone…may be because of varied circumstances…it can really be off our hands. And certainly having parallel interests is not off beam…Kamal Hasan states that acting is both his passion and profession…few in number are those who really have this crossroads…. as in.. being deeply emotional about something from the very beginning….

Honestly speaking….it has taken me all these years to realize that I have a passion for art…its only few years back did I discover it….Certainly, I love the career I have chosen….and ofcourse…unless i do that…life isn’t fun… but I have other fascinations too that I would like to hail. I also know people who have passions for yoga, writing, playing instruments, learning Vedas, and may more….kind of…you know…interests that differ from the career they have chosen….. This doesn’t mean they are off the list to fulfill other hopes and dreams outside work…there is always time for other favorites… Dont let them fade away....

I feel it is very important to keep a balance between adding value to your organization to gain career success, and adding value to your own life.

We never know where our passions could lead us…Keep them alive.. is all that I have to say!!!


8 comments:

  1. Perfect. Passion for something should never depend upon the career we have chosen..v shud take time out of the routine and devote it towards our hobbies...it will act as a stress buster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great thought indeed, funny though i got to write something similar just a couple of days back...

    Cheers and keep it going....

    ReplyDelete
  3. More perfect. Great post. perception changes between one to one. According to you A U B = add value to your life. Greaty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    A Few things to clear the air. When I quoted Kamal as an example, the purpose was only to highlight that without passion, any work that we do, will not be a rewarding experience (spiritually, emotionally or intellectually), and it was certainly not to state that one has to opt only one thing and be passionate about that.

    Multiple interests is a very normal thing, and in fact it acts as a refresher also. As Shravan's mom had pointed out, Change of Work is Rest.

    Cheers,

    G Saimukundhan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sir,

    " it was certainly not to state that one has to opt only one thing and be passionate about that"....perfect! ur thought was not misunderstood sir....i got it staright.u were the one who made me realize the message i had posted.thanks. It was actually aimed at many others i know, who have pledged their passion for work ...as in..i was just passing the thought to them.thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And srushya, i guess we all concur that the man is a living example of it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I doubt whether Kamal has real passion for acting.Being an ardent Kamal Devotee, I know for sure his passion is behind the screen.

    The real success of Kamal Hassan before the screen is very simple. He performs as if it is going to be his last film and hence that passion in his work.

    The best way to be passionate about doing something is to do it by thinking that this is the last day of our life..

    @ srushya - I recommend you to lay hands on 'Veronica Decides to Die'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi srushya,
    i'm trying to find a friend of mine by the name srushya baker. r u from chennai? did u study in church park? this is gayathri. if yes, mail me back on gayathri_jayaraman02@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete